Call Today! (800) 701-8152

ABOUT US

Quality Assurance and Certifications

  • Home
  • Quality Assurance and Certifications

CERTIFICATIONS

QUALITY CONTROL

Our quality control process is a two-stage process that involves cultivating quality component sources and then rigorously testing components from even the highest-rated suppliers.

SOURCING QUALITY

The majority – 90 percent - of our components are purchased factory and franchise-direct. The remaining 10 percent are purchased through qualified OEM/CM partners, who must pass rigorous background checks to ensure their product quality is on par with the demands set by Abacus.

These checks include a formal application process, performance measurement, audits, credit worthiness analysis and other factors. Once a supplier is approved, it is continuously monitored to ensure that performance, product quality, and delivery consistency stays at our required minimums.

By ensuring our component sources share our quality control values, we dramatically increase the likelihood that the components that move forward to the testing process pass without issue. But that doesn’t mean testing is lax.

COMPONENT TESTING

Our product testers combine extensive training and years of experience in detecting counterfeit and poor-quality parts. Their skills, combined with our in-house testing facility, which is fully equipped with the latest equipment, allows us to conduct a full spectrum of quality assessments.

Every product that passes through our facility undergoes a rigorous 58-point inspection that is compliant with the IDEA-STD-1010-B standard and is backed up by our ISO 9001:2008 quality procedures. Abacus is affiliated with ECIA/NEDA and is a founding ERAI member that implements a rigorous inspection process that involves the following:

TESTING

OUR PROCESS

  • Completion of our 58 Point Inspection Worksheet
  • IDEA-STD-1010-B Compliant Inspection
  • Full X-Ray Analysis using the TrueView 180-3HD
  • Data sheet verification of all parts
  • Dimensional analysis using a calibrated micrometer
  • Acetone swab test for marking permanency
  • Extensive views under our macro zoom (x200) microscope for quality detection
  • Digital photos of all outgoing parts
  • Use of the ORAFEC-09 counterfeit database
  • Use of the ERAI counterfeit parts data base
  • IHS Parts Universe for date code verification
Check out our in stock inventory at https://t.co/MmQcnzsDu3